By Food Art Catering | Photography by Lary Gelman
- 1 Small store-bought sponge cake, pareve Kosher for Passover
- 2 Lamb racks, cleaned and frenched
- 4 oz Roast garlic, puréed
- Bunch Cilantro, chopped fine
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 oz Extra virgin olive oil
- Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper to taste. Coat evenly with the roast garlic and cilantro and set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pre-heat an oven to 350 F.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sear the lamb racks evenly on all sides to seal in the natural juices and keep meat tender. Place racks on an oven proof dish and bake until the racks reach the desired doneness. Remove the racks from oven and let them rest for at least 5 minutes to make sure the juices won’t run when you cut the racks. This insures a moist cut of meat, not tough.
- Cut each rack into 4 pieces and serve two pieces per person.
- Suggested side dishes are Purée of Confit Parsnips and Zucchini Ribbons.