By Soho/Aroma | Photography by Lari Gelman
- 4-6 oz portions of salmon fillet, skin off
- ½ cup of shelled raw pistachios (ground)
- ½ cup of unflavored bread crumbs
- ½ cup of sesame oil
- 1 cup of date syrup
- 1 ea Idaho potato, peeled
- 3 ea Sweet potato, peeled
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 8 ea of fresh chives
- Combine the sesame oil and date syrup in a mixing bowl and mix well. Then split into two parts. ½ will be for the marinade and the other ½ will be the sauce.
- Take the marinade from step 1 and combine with the salmon. Let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Combine the ground pistachios and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl then bread the marinated fish. Place on a lightly greased sheet pan and bake in a preheated oven on 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until baked, and remove from the oven. Place the fish on top of the sweet potato puree (shown in second part of recipe, steps 4-5)
- Combine the sweet potato and Idaho potato. Bring them to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from excess water and put into mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl of the cooked potatoes, add the margarine, nutmeg and salt. Mix together with a whisk and put on the plate you will be serving it on, and then place your cooked fish on top.
- Take the 2nd half of the marinade/sauce mix we made in step 1 and lightly drizzle and garnish with fresh chives. Enjoy.