Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse quinoa well. Place quinoa, cauliflower and water in a sauce pan, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently fold in pine nuts, green onions, mint and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.