Recipe by Aroma Catering
Photography by The Lunch Box
- 12 ounce semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup of margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprigs of mint and assorted berries for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with paper.
- Combine the chocolate and margarine in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally until it is melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Whip the eggs, sugar, cocoa and vanilla together for 5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir in until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes until it is set, and the center is still soft.
- Let it cool completely.
- Sift confectioners sugar over the top, and garnish with the mint and berries.
- 4 large fresh egg whites
- 1 cup of white sugar
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until they become foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, and continue beating until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Using a pastry bag with a plain tip, pipe the meringue into 2-inch wide strips on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until it becomes