By Paola Levy • www.paolacakeatelier.com
- 225g icing sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 110g egg whites (about 4), aged overnight at room temperature
- 30g granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Sift icing sugar and ground almonds together.
- Beat egg whites together with pinch of salt. When whites start forming bubbles, add granulated sugar in three parts. Beat until hard and glossy.
- At this point, you may add vegetable colors.
- Fold almonds softly into the egg whites.
- Pipe 3” circles on tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 min at 300°F
- Leave to rest in cooler for one night before serving.
- Sandwich two cookies between your favorite filling. You may use Nutella, raspberry jam, lemon curd, ganache, or butter cream.