By Chef Shaike Korlansky Owner of Shaike’s Kosher Catering &
Creative Culinary Designer Diane Glanz | Photography by Kapture-photo
- 5 lbs. sea bass
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- Vegetable oil in frying pan (1 inch high)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a frying pan, pour and heat approximately one inch of oil, then sear the sea bass long enough to brown.
- Move fish to oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Garnish fish with fried leeks and crispy carrots.
FRIED LEEKS AND CRISPY CARROT GARNISH
- Leeks sliced julienne style (very fine)
- Carrots sliced julienne style
- Mixture of 5 oz. potato flour and 5 oz. potato starch
- Vegetable oil
- Add oil to frying pan on high heat.
- Dip vegetables into flour mixture.
- Add julienned carrots and leeks, and cook until brown.
- Drain and garnish fish.
- Two bunches of fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz. of olive oil
- 5 oz. of walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Mix until sauce is smooth.
- Serve along with fish.