With Dates, Apples, And Arugula
DELICIOUS RECIPES TO CELEBRATE THE HIGH HOLIDAYS
By Eric Kaufman • Photography by Vera Franceschi
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- 1 Large Vidalia onion
- 2 cup Diced peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup Sliced dry dates
- 8 oz. Baby arugula
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz. Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- 2 tsp. Dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato in half, length wise, then cut into ½ moons 1/8” thick.
- Peel and thinly julienne onion.
- In mixing bowl, mix sweet potato, onion, apple, oil, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and pepper.
- Place on nonstick baking pan and roast for 20- 30 minutes until soft to touch.
- Remove from oven, place in bowl, and toss with arugula and red wine vinegar.
- Add salt, pepper, olive oil, and brown sugar while potatoes are warm.