- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Assorted berries or chopped fruits of your choice
- Heat oven to 325 °F. Place egg whites and salt in a bowl. Beat with whisk attachment for 1 minute. Add vanilla and vinegar. Slowly add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat at high speed until meringue is firm and shiny.
- Fold in the cornstarch with a rubber spatula. Fill with meringue a large disposable pastry bag with an open star tip. Pipe the meringue from around the outer edge of a round metal tray, leaving a space in the middle.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 250° and bake for 2 hours. Leave in the oven overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Beat 1 cup parve cream with a whisk attachment until thickened (no need to add sugar).
- Fill the center of the pavlova with cream and decorate with assorted berries or chopped fruit of your choice.