4 servings | 18 minute cook time
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 anjou pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 2 cups non-dairy ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, water, sugar, ginger and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add pears. Simmer until just tender, about 8 minutes. Remove pears and set aside.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce until a little thicker, about 10 minutes. Strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve.
- Serve each pear half with a scoop of ice cream and a few tablespoons of sauce.